Arrival and first day in X'ian (continued!)

(Final of 4 posts for today - scroll down to read in order.)
Ok now we are off to the Wild Goose Pagoda which is a beautiful sight. It is surrounded by lovely shops and gardens. We spent about 1 hour int this lovely place looking at Buddah's and taking pictures. I can't even begin to tell you about all the history so I won't even try. I am going to try to post as many pics as I can and finish the day before I head to bed.



I am very tired. I can't wait to sleep in the comfy bed. We left and went to lunch and it was good the food here is just great Then we went to the Huge City wall It is wider than the great wall and goes all around the city. It was to separate the two sides of the city and as I said earlier it is the only wall that is still intact in the whole world .



After this we came back to the hotel and I went with a bunch of the kids to swim. We stayed in the pool for an hour before we had to get ready for the Dumpling Banquet. We tasted over 17 different kinds of dumplings. It was one of the best meals I have had. MacLean tried everyone of the dumplings. I am going to post a variety of pics from all the events today.



Thanks for checking in.
Shauna
PS I will post the teahouse pictures tomorrow I am too wiped to do it now.




5 Comments:
Hi Shauna and MacLean!!
Looks like you are having a wonderful time in China! Thanks for the site...I will follow your updates to see what you both are up to!! Have a wonderful time!
Good lord, Shauna! Sounds like one of those situations where you are going to need a vacation to recover from your vacation.
It all sounds fabulous, and your pictures are gorgeous, but I was exhausted just reading about dragging your suitcases all over the map. Phew.
Hope you rest well in time for your next adventures. We wait with bated breath. :)
love kim
Hi Shauna
Am creating a note to self: small suitcases so we can all carry something (even the 6 year old when we travel)!
Wow, what a wonderful excursion. Sleep tight, enjoy the comfortable bed, waiting for the terra cotta warriors.
Steph and family
you can so tell you are a scrapper -- there are some fantastic shots here -- well done ---
Maclean looks so grown up with the big girls -- I guess I'm used to seeing her with the little ones all the time ---
hoping the trip is everything you dreamed it would be -- love following along --- get some more shots of yourself in here --- liked the one of you and the ladies in the ball caps -- stay cool
Love to Mac -- amd
Hi Shauna and MacLean,
We are reading your posts and loving your photos. Your trip looks fabulous. I am quite envious here in foggy San Francisco!
love,
Laurie and Kate
Post a Comment
<< Home