Day 3, Part 1 - Visit to BLAS
Wow, what a jam packed day we had today. We started off by going to BLAS (Building Love Adoption Services) part of CCAA.

The children were taken on a tour (we came with them as well) of the building and we saw the translation room where they have piles of dossiers that they translate for CCAA. The stack was like the ones you see in the matching room pictures. Anne Marie I couldn't see yours but I believe it is gone from here and over at the CCAA. We met the director and the former director of the CCAA Mrs. Yu, I have included a picture of her with MacLean.

I was tearing up and had a lump in my throat as she was personally responsible for matching MacLean and I together. I felt a bit like I had met her birthmother so to speak. I was very moved and shook her hand and thanked her. The children were treated to a lovely story about adoption acted out by the staff, then they did a Chinese geography lesson and highlighted all the girls provinces then they did a wonderful caligraphy lesson.

The kids also received a beautiful puzzle of China and a fish from Mrs. Yu. What an honour and pleasure it was to be there. Wow I really got choked up this morning. It was like the adoption all over again. The staff loved seeing the kids and were so happy that they came back to their "home" to visit.
See next post about our visit to the Pandas...


1 Comments:
Shauna,
That is soo nice. I was tearing reading this!!
Christine G.
Post a Comment
<< Home