Thursday, August 30, 2007

Home safe and sound!

When we left today it was so hard to do. MacLean and I both cried all the way to the airport. We were both feeling so sad that many of the kids won't be there when we go back in two years. But happy that they are going to be adopted. Anyway nothing really eventful on the trip home. Mac slept for over 7 hours without drugs and I watched In the Land of Women, Blades of Glory and Fractured and some of the Waitress. SO in fact I dozed on and off but didn't really sleep. Our airbus at the Buffalo airport was over an hour late and I finally called and it was on it's way. We arrived home at 2am and have been going through suitcases and assessing any damage. I have one small hand casualty on one of the Terra Cotta Warriors. Not bad considering I brought plates, cups, and lots of breakable stuff. Pretty happy with the baggage and lack of broken stuff. I am just about ready to close mty eyes for a few hours and will post more pics tomorrow.

Thanks again for coming with us on our journey. Thanks also to Lianne for helping me so much on the blog. Take care and chat with most of you soon.

Friday I need to go to school and figure out how to organize our balanced school day. YUCK, oh well gotta work more so we can go back to China for another visit. ''


Love to all,
MacLean and Shauna xoxoxo

12 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 at 6:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shauna and MacLean

WELCOME HOME!!

Sounds like both you and Maclen had an amazing trip!

I'm sure Hope House will be looking forward to seeing you in two years as much as you will be looking forward to seeing them.

Enjoy your rest!

See ya Tuesday at school.

Sondra and Alexa

 
At August 30, 2007 at 7:27 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

Welcome Home, Can't wait to talk to you!!

Fellow Bloggers, I'll miss seeing your comments everyday!

I'm still looking for a replacement blog....

Alison

 
At August 30, 2007 at 7:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will miss you, too, Alison! I guess the Thompson ladies will just have to come stay at your B&B again....

Lianne

 
At August 30, 2007 at 10:03 a.m., Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear your trip home was uneventful and that you're now able to unpack, rest and *sigh* get ready for the school year to begin again. How does that happen so quickly?

I'm glad you and MacLean have these wonderful opportunities! What a great way to spend some mother/daughter time and you're such a blessing to the children and caregivers alike!

 
At August 30, 2007 at 9:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home ladies. Quite a month's journey! We enjoyed travelling with you.

Thanks,

Grant Jones

 
At August 30, 2007 at 9:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Shauna and MacLean, for sharing your trip with us. I am glad that you had a safe trip home. Tell MacLean to write Kate soon-Kate has loved the photos!
love,
Laurie and Kate

 
At August 31, 2007 at 12:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, Shauna and Maclean. Life-changing for both of you, it sounds.

Sleep well, and glad you're home safe and sound.

cheers,
kim
x

 
At August 31, 2007 at 7:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna and MacLean,

Glad you arrived home safely. Hope you recover from your jet lag quickly, we had a hard time recovering. I loved following your blog since we arrived home, what an amazing experience for both you and MacLean. We so enjoyed our time with you in China, it was a wonderful trip! Sondra has a disc of our photos for you. Will be in touch soon!

Barb, Cam and Sydney

 
At August 31, 2007 at 8:21 a.m., Blogger Donna Paonessa said...

Welcome home Shauna and Maclean!!!! What an amazing unforgettable trip you had. I can only imagine how hard it was to leave all those beautiful children.

Good luck (to both of you) with "back to school"!

 
At August 31, 2007 at 4:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Shauna and MacLean!
Trust all is well. May the long weekend be extra long for you as you ready for Tuesday's bittersweet events.
Happy back to school everyone! Alison, any luck on that blog. Would love an early morning pick me up.
Steph

 
At August 31, 2007 at 7:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are home safe and sound. I enjoyed reading about your adventures each day. I hope you both get some rest before Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing the both of you and hearing more about your wonderful trip.

Pam :)

 
At September 1, 2007 at 1:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Shauna,

Thanks so much for sharing your amazing adventures with us. What an experience you and MacLean have had!

Hope to see the two of you again someday soon. All the best to you,

Ann, John, Julie and Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home