Monday, August 27, 2007

Journey through a village!

(Hi everyone. The following post was in draft form and had not been published to the blog site when I checked this morning. There are no pictures, though Shauna refers to them. I'm not sure if power/internet issues are the cause of the interruption, but have published the message for all you blog-obsessed out there. I'm sure Shauna will post the pictures tomorrow. Lianne ;-)



Today was a regular fun day with the kids and I will post about the kids and pics tomorrow.

Tonight I made Mac, Mike and I pasta for dinner and then we went for a walk through the village right next door to Hope. Oh yeah, we also had a great lunch that Rose made for us of all Phillipino foods. It was wonderful.

So we headed into the village which is so old and cool. We just walked and took pics and said hello to all the locals. Most of them smiled and said hello back to us. It is interesting to note that this village has an elected leader and a communist party leader. They run the village together. They do daily anouncements on loud speakers to keep everyone informed. We had a wonderful walk and saw many neat and wonderful things. It has cooled off a bit (less humidity) and is much more bearable throughout the day and night for sleeping. We found pumpkins growing, corn drying on the road and many people eating at these wee little roadside restaurants. There are also some beautiful trees and a swamp that looked gross but the picture makes it look much more beautiful.

I have grown to love this place so much that as I sit here I have a lump in my throat. I am happy to come home but wow what a wonderful experience. The people, Rose, Tina and Mike have become so close to us and Rob and Joyce and Katie are just amazing people. Well, enough mushy stuff I must keep myself together. We have one more full day and we are going to do more videotaping. We did some today and then played it for the kids to see it was so much fun. I have just included pics from our walk tonight. When we got home we went to Tina's apartment (she has air con) and watched Georgia Rule (way over Mac's head so I didn't worry too much as she dozed on the bed). Then she was asleep in two minutes so I am now finishing this blog.

Look for the last post from China tomorrow. We will post again when we are home and I will add the last of the pics.

Take care and thanks again for checking in with us we have loved having you pop by!

Love to all,
Shauna and MacLean xo

4 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 at 10:57 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

Last post...last post...say it isn't so what will we do???? Only one more day to get in my fixes!

Shauna thanks for taking the time everyday to keep us all in the loop, it was awesome.

Wonder if I can keep myself from checking obsessively untill tomorrow am??? This will be a test!

Alison

PS. After Lianne I'm first, I'm first!!!

 
At August 27, 2007 at 2:30 p.m., Blogger Donna Paonessa said...

I may not be able to log in tomorrow but wanted to wish you a safe journey home Shauna and Maclean!!

 
At August 27, 2007 at 4:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the pix

safe travels

i think the grapeview blog will be interesting - who's with me????

xoxo mel

 
At August 27, 2007 at 7:20 p.m., Blogger Alison said...

I am sooo into the Grapeview blog, Shauna you won't let your career get in the way of you fans will you?

A
xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home