Sunday in Beijing!

We went to the church that Joyce and Robin go to. It is mostly made up of foreigners in an ex-pat area. It was great and MacLean enjoyed Sunday School. I stayed with her and met many of the kids from all over the world. Most of them live in this area called Yosemite and go to the Beijing International school. I have included a picture from church and of the school it is very modern and huge I got only a small part. The fee for the year is about 30,000US. Wow to have money.





The place where church was held is in the Yosemite club house that the ex-pats can belong to it has a spa, gym, two pools and many other activities. The area is mostly for foreigners and they have a store which sells western food called Jenny Lou's and I have included a pictures.

When we got home we went over to Katie's for a girls party. Christina who is a nurse, Katie, Mac and I spent the whole day together. Robin and Joyce were off to a hotel for the night for her birthday so we are in charge! haha, we had a swimming session and the girls were learning tricks and trying to do Synchronized swimming. Well in the pics you can see some feet flying around that is what they did.




Forgot to mention that on the way home we stopped for fruit at the roadside and to see a riverbed that is dried up and used for horses, cows and sheep. Apparently word on the street is that this riverbed is going to be filled and used for Rowing in the Olympics so we will see. ONe of the pics is of the dragon that sits on the edge of the dried riverbed.
We had a great dinner of steak, chicken wings and nuggets, rice, potatoes and bananas covered in coconut. It was yummy. After dinner we made sugar cookies with the girls it was fun. I have included a pic of Christina and I drinking our iced coffee.


Oh yah, forgot to mention that we went to Starbucks before church this morning and I had my first real coffee since arriving here and got the runs about an hour or two later. My system isn't used to that much dairy and coffee since I am drinking gallons of water and a diet coke every few days.
Anyway we are watching Ice Princess before bed and wanted to post this before heading back over to watch the movie. thanks for checking in and chat with you later. Take care, more babies tomorrow.
Shauna and MacLean xo


10 Comments:
I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment!!!
What a busy Sunday! Sounds cool! Keep the photo's and chit chat coming!
Alison
:-)
PS. Can't see the dragon/riverbed photo...
You beat me to it while I was rearranging the photos, Alison! hee hee
MacLean looks like she is having a blast!!!! You guys will never want to come home!
Love lInnae
There wasn't one of the riverbed, that I can see...
And Shauna, can you post pics of the outside of the Hope complex - I'd love to have a view of the foster home buliding(s) etc...
Love Lianne
I guess I knew I wouldn't really be the first on the blog!
Oh well, i had my moment of glory!
A
No, no - you beat me fair and square! Now I better hustle and get off to church, myself!
Lianne
Love the pictures! I'm so glad you are having so much fun!
Oops, forgot to sign my name on my post as I didn't "sign" in this time!
Pam :)
Hi Shauna and MacLean!
Sorry I have not been in touch until now! Have been trying to read everything and look at the wonderful pictures. Shauna, I had this naive impression that you were going to be roughing it for a month! Man!! What a holiday you are having. I don't think MacLean will ever forget this month of experiences. Thanks for the entertainment and chance to share your journey. Love and hugs to you both. Jody
Starbucks, now you are roughing it - LOL! The pics are awesome and your words are much anticipated! Keep up the good work and have lots of fun!
KIM B.
Post a Comment
<< Home