Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hope Foster Home Day 3



The kids get more comfortable with us each day. It is amazing to see their little faces light up when we come in the playrooms. What a great way to spend the days playing with kids, running a wee preschool and enjoying our time with these amazing children.

One of the little boys in my pictures (the one with the huge smile) has Cerebral Palsy and today he left to go back to his orphanage because his mom from the United States is picking him up next week.

There was another little girl who has lived in foster care and her foster parents were here and I was choking back tears as they were sobbing loudly when she left to go back to her orphanage to be adopted. I have always imagined how hard this would be and today I witnessed it first hand and it was heart wrenching to see. The kids were crying and everyone goes to the door and windows to say goodbye. Wow what a cool moment.

We enjoyed the kids so much today that when we would walk by the playroom doors they would come running and want us to come in. What a nice feeling to have the kids running to you with open arms and they are always fighting over MacLean. I tend to go to the more needy ones who are on their own and seem sad. It was another rewarding day. We spent two hours in the pool over lunch and then did some scrapbooking layout pages i have done about 16 pages so far. This is so much fun, when I get home I am going to make more pages and send them to the home. I am also going to go to dollarama and pick up some stickers etc. The kids also love the digital camera and seeing themselves.



Anyway enjoy the pictures and chat with you tomorrow.

Cheers, Shauna and MacLean xo
P.S. Hoping to get into Beijing on the weekend.
P.S.S. Enjoy the pics of our lovely room

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2007 at 7:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those children, Shauna... so glad you are there with them - you are the perfect person to be working with the kids!

Love Lianne

 
At August 15, 2007 at 7:56 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

Wow...the kids are so cool, I'm sure they adore you both. Nice room and bathroom, how did MacLean score the bigger bed? ;-)

Can't believe it's the 15th already...don't know what I'm going to do first thing every morning when you are home from China, maybe you'll have do do this everyday from Grapeview???

Alison
xoxoxox

 
At August 15, 2007 at 8:31 a.m., Blogger Donna Paonessa said...

You brought tears to my eyes just thinking about the foster family saying goodbye...reminds me of how difficult it must've been for Sophia's foster mother to say goodbye to her. God bless these foster families - I don't think I could do it - I'd want to adopt them all!!

Great pic's of the kids - they'll be sad to see you guys go!!

 
At August 15, 2007 at 9:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I'm so filled with emotion reading your blog since you've been at the home - tears are a daily occurrence!!! How I feel for those foster families. I would have been weeping right along with them.

What a special time for you and MacLean - something you will always hold in your hearts! Steve and I have often talked about doing something like this and you are our inspiration to keep on that path. I don't know when or how, but one day...

Excellent pics and stories of your days. Enjoy the kids and give them all hugs from me:-) Take care!

Jane O.

 
At August 15, 2007 at 3:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna & MacLean!
It is so nice to see the pictures of the kids. I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I read about the foster parents having to say good-bye.
The children will miss you and MacLean.
Love, Karen B,.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home