Thanks for all the messages
(Also, scroll down to read Day 5 post.)
MacLean and I would like to thank you all for the wonderful words of support and messages you have sent our way. It is a truly incredible gift to be able to give back to the country that made my family. I just came up from downstairs and to see my daughter in the playroom with the Aiyas (nannies) and babies I didn't even go in i just watched in awe to see her interacting with them all. I think that maybe this was what it might have been like for our children. The nannies love the kids and they all call them mama. It is very sweet. One little boy named Sting calls everyone mama and when he does it to me and reaches up I get a lump in my throat and pray that he too will find his forever mama.
Anyway the stares in the village were many and I kept saying NiHao and they just giggled and said it back. It was fun but my legs will feel it tomorrow will get pics of the village maybe on Sunday. We are off to Beijing tomorrow to shop with Rose. we have a car and driver and will pay him a nominal fee to take us into the city for the day. Can't wait to do some more damage.
Take care and thanks again for all the warm messages and thoughts. We miss home but are so glad to have had this opportunity.
Chow for now.
S and M


3 Comments:
Thank YOU, Shauna, for taking the time to include us on your journey. You are inspiring us all.
Lianne
P.S. And yes, you beat me this morning, Steph, Can you believe that the 9 to 5 job got in the way today??? hee hee
Like Steph, I too laughed at the caucasion red-faced woman comment....you shoulda seen the looks Nick got when we were there! Like they've never seen a large man before. *grin*
The entrance to that home is beautiful Shauna!!
Happy Forever Family Day! Where does the time go huh??
I'm very late with my comment, I figure I can never beat Lianne so I'll put up something later for the other OCD bloggers to enjoy...Maybe if I could get all of our lazy butts out of bed before 9 I'd have a fighting chance but alas no, we are on summer hours here, late to bed, late to rise...terrified of the start of school and schedules, HELP!!!!!
Spent most of the day at the Kids Museum, fun, had some friends over in the pm, early dinner and bath as the excitement that is High School Musical 2 is less than 1 hour away!!! Right now they are watching the "High School Musical Concert" that is on Family Channel now, beat that Terra Cotta Warriors, Great Wall and visiting adorable kids and being an international volunteer..oh yah, summer in Canada rocks!
Miss you, love you and can't wait to see you and talk to you.
Alison
xoxox
PS. There is mega synchro scoopage too!!!!
PPS. New pics on my lame blog if you can see it from there Sha...
Post a Comment
<< Home