Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Day at Hope


Today was another day that brought good times. We did our work in the preschool this morning then came up to have some lunch and relax and watch a movie at lunch. Then we went over to fetch Katie for our lunchtime swim. We stayed in the pool for almost 2 hours and then I headed back to do some scrapbooking and Mac joined me later. We enjoyed some time to visit with the kids and each of us spent time in different playrooms. Mac has her favourite playroom which is the Nemo room and I tend to go to the bouncing bunnies wing.

We met a new volunteer, Mike from California, and he has been travelling around and is here for three months. He is travelling and volunteering for a whole year. What a cool thing to do. We spent more time with the kids and then came up around 6 for some noodles and to watch High School Musical with Rose Katie, Mike, Mac and I.

I don't really have much more to add other than it continues to be a blast. I have included some pics of two of the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms for the kids. Each wing has three bedrooms and a bathroom for them to use.



Take care and enjoy the journey. I can't believe we go home a week tomorrow.
Shauna and MacLean xo

12 Comments:

At August 21, 2007 at 6:28 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Shauna,

As I haven't sent you a message in a few days, I thought I'd be the first OCD blogger of the day - I think I beat both Lianne and Stephanie today!!! Although I haven't sent a message, I've been reading your updates daily, with many bringing tears to my eyes. I can't wait to hear more about your journey sometime when you return.

Love the pics from today - were those hair baubles the one little one had? Very cute!!

What can I say, you have us all in awe and wanting to do something similar in the future. For now, I'll just live vicariously and enjoy the daily accounts of your time there. Have a great day! I'm off to the treadmill!

Jane O.

 
At August 21, 2007 at 8:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the rooms look so nice...what is hanging over the cribs under the netting...how long do the kids stay there before surgery or being sent back to thier province...my question mark key is not working, how annoying!

Can`t believe you only have a week left, are you dreading the marathon journey home...It will fly by I`m sure,

Talk to you tomorrow on the blog!

A
xoxo

M at key is wonky too, better figure this out

 
At August 21, 2007 at 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lianne, Where are you it`s 11:38 Ottawa time....

Alison
:-)

 
At August 21, 2007 at 12:03 p.m., Blogger Lianne said...

Hey Alison!

Oh I was in - formatted the pics as usual, but work is crazy here and no time to write this morning (Bryanna sent a messaage last night so I figure that covered me!) hee hee

By the way, Alison, did you tape High School Musical 2? Bad mother here did not think of having someone do that for my HSM obsessed daughters and, boy, am I in trouble now! ;-)

Lianne

 
At August 21, 2007 at 1:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna and MacLean,

We are back at home and are trying to work through the jet lag. The reminder of our trip was fabulous, both Changsha and Shanghai were amazing. We had a great time visiting with the White's in Shanghai. I am enjoying your blog, sounds like MacLean is doing well. Love the photos, the orphanage looks amazing!

Barb, Cam and Sydney

 
At August 21, 2007 at 2:10 p.m., Blogger Cindy,Serena & Justine said...

Hi Shauna & MacLean,
Spent all afternoon reading your amazing blog from the beginning until today, finally caught up!
Your trip is awesome.
Hope you two are feeling better today.

Cindy, Serena & Justine

 
At August 21, 2007 at 4:40 p.m., Blogger Donna Paonessa said...

Hi Shauna...I've been offline for a few days because we just had 4 straight days of company up at the cottage...I'm done!!

I hope you and Maclean are feeling a bit better...getting sick isn't a fun way to end your trip, but you're right, when you're surrounded by kids, what are you going to do??

The place you're at is just lovely!

Lianne....shame on you!!! We had "family movie night" here on Friday - seems that everyone and their brother was watching HSM 2 on Friday night. *grin*

 
At August 21, 2007 at 9:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I taped it, I`m sure it will be on again or come out on DVD... I sat through it once on Friday night, Q and J don`t seem as obsessed with it as they were with the first one. Some of it was over thier heads and Quinn was asking questions like how do they all know the words to the songs and how did Troy get his golf clubs in the middle of the sone..it was pretty funny..

Hope work get less busy...

Alison

 
At August 21, 2007 at 9:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, bad spellingéediting that should be their and song not sone...

A

 
At August 21, 2007 at 10:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, my key board is wacky, new computer and some of my keys are only showing up as accented letters, I have not àt`sign just this " and instead of and it`s É


weirs...can`t even sign in on blogger cause the àt`symbol won`t type...probably hit something I shouldn`t have...

A

 
At August 22, 2007 at 2:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MacLean,

It is 3:17 am and I am having trouble sleeping. I don't like jet lag.

How are the babies? Do you have a favourite baby?

It has been very cool here just like fall.

Alexa

 
At December 28, 2009 at 8:58 a.m., Blogger kitchu said...

Nothing like commenting on your blog 2 years later, eh? Someone just commented on mine and directed me here to see pictures of our newly adopted daughter- Ellis Gao Mei (Mei Mei- Anna at Hope)! I scoured your entire blog for more :O) It's so wonderful to see extra pics of her from her time there (3+ years in fact) and we can't wait for the day we get back there. We saw pics of lots of her friends too that she still talks about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home