Sorry again, out of internet service!

We had a great Saturday in Beijing.
We went to the Pearl market and to see Ling Lings after not being able to find my guy Ken. Jane recommended her place and it was great. I was able to find bracelets a beautiful necklace for me and some magnetic bracelets requested by my lovely and talented sister. I was unable to find brush paintings and a huge mural scroll. Sorry guys I did my best. Then we went to lunch at KFC and off to the Lido area where there is a huge ex-pat area. Alison remember we went to the Holiday Inn and it was so lovely. That is where we were. The market that was across the street from the Holiday Inn has moved and we went to the new location to shop and then into the back corner to have pedicures. It was so much fun. There were five of us. They worked on us for an hour and 15 minutes, scrapping, and peeling and exfoliating and doing our nails. Then we payed the equivalent of 10.00. It was one of the best pedicures I have ever had.






We finished shopping and I bought a tea set and two lovely oil paintings in black and white. Then at this point it was 4pm so we headed home. Tina who is a nurse and works here drives so she was able to drive us back. After we got back we all went for a refreshing swim and at 6pm we headed into Bei Wu for some amazing Chinese food.
On the way into Bei Wu for dinner we had to stop at one of the outreach homes to give some meds to a little guy. I asked if I could take some photos inside their yard and I have included them. There is an area for cooking and preparing food, doing laundry and showering/bathing outdoors. Then a room with beds, a living area and a separate squat house.




Then we headed to dinner and had some amazing food. Some of the dishes were so spicey we were sweating and I paid for it later if you know what I mean.

After that we headed back and I tried to get online with no luck. The server was down. We went up and into tina's room for a movie. I have bought a ton of DVD's and we watched Ocean's 13. MacLean went to sleep in Tina's bed and then I carried her back to the room at 11:00. I then started to organize my stuff and see how I could distribute it into the four suitcases. I don't want to have to pay for overweight luggage. Anyway all in all a great last day in Beijing.
We are off to church this rainy stormy morning. Then home to relax and hang out with the kids if it works out. One of the little ones is leaving today and it is sad as I took a pic of her and the nanny yesterday I had tears of joy and sadness in my eyes for her as she didin't understand what was happening but she is being adopted by people in the US. So yeah, good for that but sad as the orphanage people are here to take her back before her adoption tomorrow. Luckily they make the transisiton back and then into adoption quickly. I will include a pic of her. She is very sweet.

Have a great day everyone.
Love you, Shauna and MacLean xo


3 Comments:
HI Shauna and MacLean,
Looking pretty comfy in those manicure chairs !! Glad to heaar to had a good day in Beijing. I was lucky to find your post.. I am just off to bed and thought I would give your blog on last try. I think I am addicated to reading the blog...use to be writing theblog..reading is so much easier!!
Enjoy your last few days in China!
Sondra,Tim and Alexa
Sounds super!! And yes, the blog-obsessed are still checking all day even when we figure there is no power! hee hee
Who is the guy in the striped shirt? (Inquiring minds want to know.)
No worries on the shopping, Shauna - guess I'll just have to head back to China sooner rather than later!
Love to you and MacLean!
Lianne
Shauna,
Sounds like you had a great day and the pedicures sound divine!! I think I"ll have to get some notes on you for where to go in Beijing when we go in a few months. Hey Lianne, don't worry, you can always send a list with us;-)
I'm glad you found Ling Ling! She is great - we visited her on our first trip to China almost 7 years ago. Apparently, Ken was "asked" to leave the Pearl Market - something about quality. You'll never have a problem with Ling Ling though and I'm looking forward to visiting her in our upcoming trip too!!
I love those pics you took of the other facility - it really gives us a well-rounded view of all you're experiencing.
Enjoy and take care,
Jane O.
Post a Comment
<< Home