Friday, August 24, 2007

Sorry folks, we have been out of power!



Power went out in the night and we have been out of power until now. Talk about hot and sweaty you don't want to even know. I had three showers and two swims and was still dripping in sweat. So therefore no posting I was almost in withdrawl.

We went out for a wonderful chinese dinner with Rob last night and they were serving dog at the front door. They usually have dog and donkey and thankfully they weren't skinning them and having the heads there as they usually do. We just walked by. As a result I didn't eat any meat last night! wonder why?? woof, woof. Some of the photos are of outside this morning believe it or not it was cooler outside this morning.

Anyway that was all for Thurs.

Friday today was hot and gross we really didn't do much except preschool, shower, swim.



Then at about 5:30 we rode into Bei Wu to check out the nightlife and get some photos. Then we took photos on the way and in town. We took pictures of stuff on the road and the little huts are for people to sleep in and guard their crops. MacLean took some photos of dogs and of other local life.



We are home and had our last box of mac and cheese. It was yummy. We are going up to tina's room to watch a movie and then tomorrow we are off to Beijing to shop and go to the Pearl Market. Hoping to do some last minute shopping because that will be the last time in Beijing until the next time we return to China. We are saying goodbye to one of the sweet little girls on Sunday she is going back to her orphanage to be adopted. That is so special.

Someone asked me how I found this place and it was surfing on the internet if you can believe it. Anyone who ever gets the chance to do this I highly recommend it.

Enjoy the pics of rural countryside Bei Wu and talk with you tomorrow.

Shauna

7 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 at 7:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear all is safe and sound. I can't even imagine how hot you must have been !! I know how hot we were with air-conditioning!! Love the photo's
MacLean what a cute dog I can see why you wanted a photo. You will have a great collection of animals and wildlife in China when you get home. I can remember some great shots you got when we were with you! Have fun at the Pearl market and good luck looking for the Olympic store. I'll keep my fingers crossed MacLean finds what she is looking for.
Take Care see you soon!!

Sondra and Alexa

 
At August 24, 2007 at 8:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm glad it was a bit cooler for you today! Once again, great photos. It gives me a good idea what China is really like. Hope your last few days are great. I know you will miss those kids. Good luck with your shopping.
Christine

 
At August 24, 2007 at 8:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shauna,

You were going into withdrawal??? What about us poor "OCDers"? :-) In reality, we were worried that you or MacLean were sick, so glad to hear it wasn't that, but so sorry you were without power - I can't imagine in that heat!!

Enjoy the Pearl Market and go visit Ling Ling if you get this message before you go. I think she's on the 3rd floor and we've done well by her with our other 2 trips.

That's amazing that you found Hope through surfing the net - they are so fortunate to have you and MacLean there, and I know you have been fortunate to have an awesome experience!! I don't know about the others, but if we're looking for a place to support in the future, Hope is going to be one of the first places I think of!! You have opened our eyes to a true treasure of a place for all those wonderful kids.

Enjoy your last few days there, and stay cool...if that's possible. Take care,

Jane O.

 
At August 24, 2007 at 8:32 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

Looks like early risers Sondra and Alexa are now winning the quest to be the earliest posters! Jet lag may be giving them an unfair advantage!!! Lianne is likely fatigued from early morning photo sorting and giving way to actual paid work...I however have just trained my kids to sleep in till almost 9 most days! Oh well loving the posts as usual!!!

Sha, Matt will love the restaurant description, meow!

It's turned rainy and overcast these past couple of days...we've been trying to go out on Kim's boat so the kids will be pretty disappointed. They are in a camp next week then back to the s word for them! I'm sad that the summer is coming to an end!

Both our next door neighbours got home from 6 weeks on each coast (one on the East and one the West) so the kids are excited to see them. That should take away the pain of not boating I hope!

Looking forward to each and every post and am starting to get worried about how I will fill the void once you are home....

Alison
:-)

 
At August 24, 2007 at 8:46 a.m., Blogger Lianne said...

Yep, was in early but figured you all don't need to see a message from me EVERY day. hee hee

Shauna, don't know how you managed without AC for even that short a period of time. Yikes!

Alison, Donna and all, you will be pleased to know that Jane O. has stepped in and filled the breach left by my HSM oversight - my children will be happy again!

Looking forward to hearing how you manage to get all your shopping HOME, Shauna!

Love Lianne

 
At August 24, 2007 at 11:03 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

In preparation for Shauna and MacLean coming home I am working on finding a replacement blog to be obsessed with....here are my current contenders:

Both Humble Howard and Fred Patterson former Toronto radio shoe hosts

Ross the Intern from NBC's the Tonight show

Rosie O'donnell

Toronto Mike

Any suggestions fellow bloggers???

Alison

 
At August 24, 2007 at 11:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna and MacLean,

Yikes no air conditioning, can't imagine! Although it is so cold in Saskatchewan right now I am actually missing the heat of China abit. Sydney said yesterday she was going to go back to China just to warm up and then come back.

Glad things are going well...can understand why you didn't have meat for dinner!!! I was interested to read your explanation about HOPE. What a wonderful place.

Cheers!
Barb (your Diet Coke partner), Cam and Sydney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home